Home arrow Home arrow FAQ PASSPORT
When is the best time to apply for an e-passport for my new born baby?
Nigerian Immigration requires that new born babies are between 3 -6 months when applying for a new e-passport. Please get in touch with the Nigerian Embassy where you intend to apply for the new passport to get more information.
I would like to replace my lost passport but do not have the passport number or copy of datapage?
The number of a lost passport is required before the issuance of Letter of Introduction or processing of a new passport. If you do not have the passport number, you will be required to contact the Immigration center where the passport was issued to retrive the passport number.
I am resident in Madrid, Spain and while on a visit to Hungary, I lost my e-passport. Can I get a travel document to return to Spain?
Unfortunately, the Nigerian Embassy in Budapest cannot issue you with a travel document to return to Spain or your final destination. The Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC) can only be issued to those wishing to travel back to Nigeria. You will need to apply for a new passport at our Embassy in Vienna, Austria.
What do I need to obtain a Letter of Introduction for passport issuance?
1. A written request for the letter of introduction. 
2. A copy of the passport datapage and residence permit. 
3. Police Report if its a case of lost passport.
Where can I obtain the e-passport?
Nigerians wishing to obtain an e-passport can apply for it from any Nigerian Embassy equipped with a passport machine. The Nigerian Embassy in Austria, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Spain are currently equipped to issue e-passports.
I have misplaced my e-passport? How do I obtain a new e-passport?
Lost passports can be replaced at the Nigerian Embassy in the Hague, Vienna, Madrid and Rome.
Can I endorse my child in my new e-passport?
There is no possiblity of endorsing your child in your e-passport. In the past, it was possible with the Machine Readable Passport. You will now be  required to obtain an e-passport for your child.
When is the best time to start the process of renewing my e-Passport?
Nigerian Immigration usually advises that the renewal process start at least six months from the date of expiration. However, there are situations, which requires renewal much earlier than six months. Please contact the Nigerian Embassy where you intend to submit your passport application to get more information.
How long does it take the Embassy to reissue a lost e-passport? 
Nigerian Embassies dealing with lost e-passports usually have to get approval from the Nigerian Immigration Head Office in Abuja before it is replaced. It could take a few days up to 2 months before the passport is replaced. Please contact the Nigerian Embassy where you intend to submit your passport application to get confirmation.