Home arrow Home arrow Frequently Asked Questions - Consular
Frequently Asked Questions - Consular PDF Print
I will like to legalize a five page document. Do I have to pay for each page?
You only need to pay for one page. The Embassy will affix its stamp on the same page that has the Foreign Ministry Stamp.
How much do I have to pay for legalizing a documentas an individual?
The cost is $100 (Service Charge) and $30 (Administrative Charge for Individuals)
When can I submit my request for a consular service?
The Consular Section is open on Tuesday- Thursday (10am-2pm).  Please make an appointment via This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it before visiting the Embassy.
I got married to a Hungarian citizen in Italy and we would like to register our marriage in Hungary. Can you issue me a marriage clearance ?
The marriage clearance document is only issued to Nigerians who are single or divorced planning on getting married. If you are already married, please contact the Hungarian Embassy in your location for more information on how to register your marriage in Hungary.
My wife recently gave birth and we would like to give a Nigerian name to our baby. Can you issue a document to enable us register the Nigerian name?
The Embassy can issue you an Attestation Letter. See requirements: Attestation Letter for Baby Name.