Home arrow Home arrow Giving Birth
Giving Birth PDF Print

Nigerians giving birth in Hungary should take note of the following:  

  • Where both parents are Nigerians, you will be required to submit your marriage certificate before the baby is registered and a Birth Certificate issued. The marriage certificate should be stamped by this Embassy. See information on legalization of documents.  
  • Pre-natal and hosptials cost will be borne by you unless your insurance covers this.
  • Notify the Embassy on the birth of your child.
  • Request for a Nigerian e-passport can only be submitted after the baby has reached three months. The Embassy can issue an attestation letter in the absence of a Nigerian passport to enable you register at relevant authorities. This does not apply to babies with dual nationality. 
  • Request for an Attestation letter for baby name  if giving Nigerian names to your baby. Please request for this letter at least a month before the birth of your child.